Protocol for the resumption of golf – Phase 2
We are delighted that Phase 2 of the resumption of golf at Kilkee Golf Club will commence Mon 8th June following release of the GUI/ILGU protocols for its safe return albeit with some restrictions.
We are asking all our members to strictly adhere to the following protocols to ensure that our game is played safely and responsibly.
If you are ill or have symptoms please STAY AT HOME.
1. Play will be casual golf only without competitions and is restricted to paid up members of Kilkee Golf Club and their Guests. Guests must be accompanied at all times by the member who invited them. Max 3 guests per Tee time Booking.
2. Play is only permitted by advance booking on the club Online Timesheet as we must ensure that all players’ (and guests’) names, are recorded accurately. (Timesheets must be retained for 6 weeks to assist with contact tracing if necessary.)
Initially there will be 14 minute intervals and bookings may be made for up to 4 players in each slot. Play will be from the 1st tee only. The timesheet will be open for advance booking from Thurs. 14th May.
In the event that you are unable to make your Tee time you must either remove your name or inform a member of committee.
3. First Tee time is 8:00 am and last Tee time is 7:00 pm. Tee time pre booking is still a requirement if playing less than 18 holes.
4. Substitutions will not be permitted on the day
5. Strictly no walk ins or practising allowed. This is to ensure the accuracy of the Timesheets and social distancing requirements.
6. For Phase 2 Under 18’s may only play if accompanied by an adult member of their own family, who is also a club member.
7. Physical Distancing rules of at least 2 metres are to be observed by all members. Signage to this effect will be erected on the 1st Tee. Members are advised to arrive at the club no more than 15 minutes prior to play and arrive on the tee no more than 5 minutes before their tee time.
8. Please have your hand sanitiser with you at all times.
9. Hiring of Trolleys will be available during this phase but must be sanitised by user both before and after play. Personal buggies may be used but strictly for owner’s own use and are restricted to 1 person only with responsibility for sanitising the buggy resting solely with the owner.
10. The course staff have been working diligently over the past number of weeks to have our course in good condition for our return.
Holes have been adapted to ensure ball is easily removed without touching flag or flagstick and rakes have been removed from bunkers.
11. Do not share or exchange equipment, food or drink.
12. Avoid slow play. It is imperative that each group maintains its position on the course to ensure no contact with other groups.
13. The Clubhouse including toilets and locker-rooms will remain closed to prevent risk of cross contamination. If necessary retrieve your clubs, shoes and other equipment from the locker room prior to play. The toilets will be open from mid June on.
14. After your round leave the course promptly. Do not store your equipment in the locker room.
15. Familiarise yourself with this Protocol and the underlying health guidance by regularly checking www.golfnet.ie
16. Our club has signed up to the protocols to enable us resume play, and we fully expect all members to fully adhere to them. In addition, Club Committee members will be monitoring play on the 1st tee/course and also the timesheet to ensure adherence. We do not want to risk the re introduction of restrictions which could see golf clubs closed again if the protocol is not followed.
We would stress again that play is restricted to paid up members and their guests..
We realise that not all club members will be able to resume on 8th June and we look forward to welcoming them back shortly as well as visitors and societies in the subsequent phases.
We would like to wish everybody good golf now that we are getting back but more importantly than ever at this time, we wish you good health.
Management Committee Kilkee Golf Club
08 June 2020