Kilkee Golf Club (KGC) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members and visitors and this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from members and/or visitors
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of membership of KGC (including name, age, email address, contact numbers, postal address, handicap details, membership of other Golf Clubs)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
2. Using your personal information
KGC uses your personal information to:
- administer your membership of KGC;
- allocate and administer your Handicap and/or your Handicap data in accordance with GUI and ILGU regulations, and in conjunction with a licensed Handicapping Software vendor. Currently Links Software.
- facilitate the administration of tee-time management and other similar services.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties.
When payment is made by Credit Card we do not retain or store card details.
3. Links to other websites
Children may not provide any personal information (including name, email address, phone number or any other information that others could contact them directly) without verifiable parental consent. KGC does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. Consent forms are available on request to KGC
In the event that KGC learns that personal information has been collected without verification of parental consent, the information will be deleted as soon as possible.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
6. Security of your personal information
- All membership forms, in hard copy, will be stored centrally in the office.
- Electronic records will be saved on an access controlled device.
- Data will be held only whilst there is a continued need for it – data will be reviewed and destroyed regularly.
- Data will be reviewed regularly for completeness and accuracy.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Individual Rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you or request us to delete your data. Please click on the tab PERSONAL DATA REQUEST above and follow the online instructions.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date you may ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate.
8. Policy amendments
The following addidional clauses are in compliance with GDPR changes 2022
Here at KILKEE GOLF CLUB we take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
What information do we collect about you? When you join or visit our Golf Club, we collect only the information required from you to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations as a club to you or for our legitimate interests such as maintaining appropriate membership and handicap records. We may also collect further information through our website which allows us to contact you regarding events and offers at the club.
How the information about you will be used.
When you join as a member or enter into a society event or open competition we may share your information with external and internal data processors (Golf Ireland, Club Software Provider, Tee Time Booking software, Membership Administration System etc). Your personal data is controlled internally by the club’s Data Protection Officer who adheres to the Golf Club’s data protection policies and procedures. We will share your information with Golf Ireland in order to facilitate the administration of golf, the administration and integrity of handicapping, the identification of candidates to participate in Golf Ireland teams/squads and other similar services. The administration of The World Handicap System also includes making scores available for Peer Review Purposes (See Rule 4.4 of the Rules of Handicapping)
We may correspond with you regarding our activities including events, handicapping, competitions and membership renewal by way of post, telephone, email or SMS. We don’t share your data with external marketing companies who would contact you this way. You can opt out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Bearing in mind we do need to communicate with all Club members.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please email us on email@example.com or write to the Honorary Secretary at the Club address.
We will endeavour to provide this to you in a commonly used format.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You have the right to ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate or to object to the club holding certain information about you. If you want to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied, you may also contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at their website to discuss any data protection concerns you may have.
How to contact us
If you need any further information, please email us on email@example.com or write to us at KILKEE GOLF CLUB, EAST END, KILKEE, CO. CLARE.
As of the May 25th, 2018, every company that deals with European customers has to comply with the new European General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR in short.
In simple terms, it:
- Applies to personal data — any data that relates to or can be used to identify a person in any way
- Controls what can be done with personal information
- Requires that consent is given or there is a good reason to process or store personal information.
- Gives a person a right to know what information is held about them.
- Allows a person to request information about them is erased and that they are ‘forgotten’ — unless there is a reason not to do this — e.g. a loan account.
- Makes sure that personal information is properly protected. New systems must have protection designed into them (Privacy by Design). Access to data is strictly controlled and only given when required (Privacy by Default).
- If data is lost, stolen or is accessed without authority, the authorities must be notified and possibly the people whose data has been accessed may need to be notified also.
- Data cannot be used for anything other than the reason given at the time of collection.
- Data is securely deleted after it is no longer needed.
- Allows national authorities to impose fines on companies breaching the regulation. These fines can be up to €20 million or 4% of the businesses global turnover — whichever is higher.
What information do you hold on me?
Whenever you use one of the forms on this website to contact us or send us other information we keep a record of these form transmissions in our secure online database and in our email inbox. We may collect your personal details as name, email, and any other information you sent to us by either using a form on this website or by using a direct email link in other offline ways such as an Excel spreadsheet or custom made database.
Why do you keep my personal data?
We keep record of your personal data to be able to contact you now or in the future. We only contact you in relation to your original request. We will not use your personal data for any other purposes like newsletters (unless you explicitly told us to do so) or sell/give your personal data to third parties.
Who has access to my personal data?
Anyone who works at our company can have access to your personal data.
What happens in case of a security breach?
In the unlikely event your data is lost, stolen or accessed without authority you and the Data Protection Commissioner will be notified within 72 hours.
How can I control my personal data?
To see the exact information we hold on you, use the form below and we will send you a copy of all data we have stored in our database. You can also use the form to request us to completely remove your data from our database. Note that we might ask you to verify your identity before we send you your personal data.
Please provide us with the email address you used to register/contact us. We cannot remove your data or send you a copy of your data if we don’t have the exact same email address.
Kilkee Golf Club
East End, Kilkee
Co. Clare, Ireland
November – March
Mid Week | 9 am
Weekends | 8.30 am
April – September
Monday – Friday | 7 am
Monday – Friday | 8 am